Advice please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie84

Reaction score
I haven't been able to handle my 8yr old MD carpet python for a while but had her out today and unfortunately found something nasty looking on her back. Her last 2 she'd haven't been great and I've been struggling to keep the humidity up in her new enclosure so I'm 'hoping' it's maybe just some retained scales and an easy fix. I feel like such a terrible and neglectful scale mumma and I will just hate myself if she's ended up sick because I haven't been able to handle her

IMG_5737.JPG

Hold on......not saying you shouldn't go to the vet as thats a decision for each individual owner to make BUT......
Thats a burn and treating the burn without finding the source and fixing it is a pointless exercise as it could end up getting another burn.

Whats your heat source? Is it covered?

IMG_5761.JPG
Hold on......not saying you shouldn't go to the vet as thats a decision for each individual owner to make BUT......
Thats a burn and treating the burn without finding the source and fixing it is a pointless exercise as it could end up getting another burn.

Whats your heat source? Is it covered?

That's the thing, I don't see how she could've burnt herself, we haven't even had to put a 150w globe in there this winter as we are in a new house which stays much warmer than my previous houses. And she's wrapped herself around that cover with a 150w globe in there without burning herself despite me almost having a heart attack.
Don't get me wrong I'm not going on the defensive and being all like nope not a burn, if it is then it is, but she just doesn't have access to anything hot enough to burn her ‍♀️

if it was a burn, it would be around much more of her body.

i'd say its more along the lines of a scratch, possibly those springs?

if it was a burn, it would be around much more of her body.

Sorry but you are wrong. Seen and treated plenty of snakes with burns including one of my own back in the day.

That's the thing, I don't see how she could've burnt herself

Set up looks pretty good. Just clutching at straws here but that globe is off center to the cage. Is the RHS of the cage hot to the touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back