Three people bitten in four hours in Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“With the weather warming up, these cold-blooded reptiles are now becoming more active and a lot more visible as they start to emerge from their winter hibernation to bask in the sun and to search for food and a mate.“

Do people really still say cold blooded and not ectothermic?

“With the weather warming up, these cold-blooded reptiles are now becoming more active and a lot more visible as they start to emerge from their winter hibernation to bask in the sun and to search for food and a mate.“

Do people really still say cold blooded and not ectothermic?
Yeah it is a better word for normal people, Latin stuff is more for nerds. Once you go beyond the concept of warm blooded animals primarily producing their own and and cold blooded animals primarily obtaining heat from the environment there is a heap of overly complicated stuff for the general public to not understand or care about.

I thought saying cold blooded was wrong,

Wouldn’t it just have been more correct to say reptiles rather than cold blooded reptiles

I thought saying cold blooded was wrong,

Wouldn’t it just have been more correct to say reptiles rather than cold blooded reptiles

Don't lose sleep about what they say about poisonous cold-blooded reptiles.

The only thing wrong is the lack of a hyphen, and you made that mistake too.

Spray some spitting cobra venom in your eye and then tell me it is not poison... it is like the way they throw around the term native Australian when not talking about white people...

Thankfully there was some good news with a 2 year old in Sunbury returning home after treatment.

Spray some spitting cobra venom in your eye and then tell me it is not poison... it is like the way they throw around the term native Australian when not talking about white people...

Wow, sounds like you're one of the few reptile people who knows how to use a dictionary! It's heartwarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back