Thoughts on Darwin Carpet Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedragon

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted peaples thoughts and maybe some pics of your normal darwins and hets and there setups thanks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi all just wanted peaples thoughts and maybe some pics of your normal darwins and hets and there setups thanks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Only have an Albino Darwin. But want to see what people post. Good topic [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sandy...
IMG_20180507_172630_095.jpg
Bane...IMG_20171129_164123_579.jpg
My new girl, I haven't named her yet...
IMG_20180724_163629_575.jpg
some little ones...
IMG_20180826_162045_160.jpg
Bane with his new girlfriend...
IMG_20180730_171857_879.jpg
Slinky...
IMG_20171005_174238_513.jpg
Mango...
1538618132248.jpeg
[doublepost=1541633701,1541633604][/doublepost]I only have one normal looking darwin, the rest are albino. but I thought I'd share anyway.

Really nice pics yellow tail. You seem to have a lot of experience with different forms of Darwin pythons and the albino varient. In your opinion how do the colours of the normal Darwin transfer to the albinos ie what gives them more orange or more yellow bands or the white and yellow base colour or even what brings out the fluorescent lime green colour. Hope that made sense

Really nice pics yellow tail. You seem to have a lot of experience with different forms of Darwin pythons and the albino varient. In your opinion how do the colours of the normal Darwin transfer to the albinos ie what gives them more orange or more yellow bands or the white and yellow base colour or even what brings out the fluorescent lime green colour. Hope that made sense
That's what I like about Darwins, unlike albino olives or ants albino Darwins exhibit amazing colour variations and fluorescence that are present in the natural animals, generally darker naturals produce more orange albinos but you get some unexpected variations and patterns as well as in the hatchlings in the previous post.
DSCN4623.jpg IMG_5207.jpg IMG_2020.jpg

I have a near three year old of yours @Yellowtail. Such a beautiful snake. Every time you post more pics of yours I have to seriously fight the urge to get on the phone....

I agree I think their is a lot of untapped potential in line breeding darwins. But it looks like you have made a very good start yellowtail some very nice snakes their

Untapped potential in the species with the most morphs :O

My dream is to have a variety is carpet python morphs like there is ball python morphs

I was deferring more to the colour palette of the pure Darwin their is a lot of colours that could be enhanced through line breeding for particular colours.

I agree I think their is a lot of untapped potential in line breeding darwins. But it looks like you have made a very good start yellowtail some very nice snakes their
Thanks @Southernserpent, the good thing with selective line breeding is all the offspring are viable and desirable saleable animals, not like some jags and other morphs where a high percentage end up in the freezer or with debilitating problems. How many thousands of unattractive ball pythons were sacrificed in pursuit of a few freaks?

Normal.....Wow thought they went extinct in captivity. Everything now has jag, zebra, albino etc in them.

Give me a nice sunglow zeb please.
[doublepost=1542078966,1542075983][/doublepost]What will a MEL/ALB Darwin look like?

Off topic but My 50 Darwin 25 md coastal/jungle is amazing. Rocking a stripe and a little tiny paradox mark. No Fluoro or white just yellow.

DCF7C041-F5E8-40CE-ACFD-3FE0E292B22D.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a line of pure Darwin albinos that have yellow base and almost no white, hope to breed this one next season with a dark het.
IMG_4267.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back