Hypo bredli pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
can anyone explain to me what a “hypo” is from what I can understand, it’s a lack of black pigment?

What is an “A grade” hypo?

Is it just fancy marketing? Or are their actually different grades? What’s the difference between grades?

Thanks fellas :)

No black an a grade hypo should have brighter vibrant colours imo which a lot of them all do while young til they get older. Purely a marketing tool alothough I have been suckered in Ive also owned some stand out Bredli.

Last edited:
Hypo is a natural occuring gene and as said removes the black pigments so makeing the snake redder in appearance, same as the anery gene removes the red making snakes more black and white

so over the years the the reddest to reddest have been bred to each other to make it a more desirable looking snake, occurs alot in boas with pure line bred hypos like kubush red and the pastel lines being outstanding examples of red looking boas, but there's plenty of natural locality with great hypo trait's

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Hypo is a natural occuring gene and as said removes the black pigments so makeing the snake redder in appearance, same as the anery gene removes the red making snakes more black and white

so over the years the the reddest to reddest have been bred to each other to make it a more desirable looking snake, occurs alot in boas with pure line bred hypos like kubush red and the pastel lines being outstanding examples of red looking boas, but there's plenty of natural locality with great hypo trait's

No black an a grade hypo should have brighter vibrant colours imo which a lot of them all do while young til they get older. Purely a marketing tool alothough I have been suckered in Ive also owned some stand out Bredli.
Thanks guys :)
I’m looking into maybe getting a pair

The thing to remember with hypo in Bredlis, as opposed to Coastals, is that they are polygenic. So even pairing fantastic looking hypo x hypo doesn't necessarily guarantee all offspring will be as good as the parents. If that's your intention with getting a pair..

The thing to remember with hypo in Bredlis, as opposed to Coastals, is that they are polygenic. So even pairing fantastic looking hypo x hypo doesn't necessarily guarantee all offspring will be as good as the parents. If that's your intention with getting a pair..
I’m looking at getting a pair to breed for the experience/ to have a go... however I know “a grade” hypos sell super fast compared to say albino Darwin’s where ppl are stuck with babies for almost 18mths

I don’t fancy being stuck with a bunch of stuff I can’t sell

I’ve had a look at the pair, and they are almost red/orange and white

Thanks Richy, I was holding back the sib because it was so dark, but I'm selling it now to make room for this years hatchies. I kept the hypo jag, I sold a few that were the same as it. these are some of the other jags...
IMG_20181104_153235_996.jpg
IMG_20181103_114241_596.jpg

Really great markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back