Beardy food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krinchley

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just wondering what you guys opinions were on the best fruit and veg to give a 2 y/o bearded dragon.
Tia

Leafy greens, carrot, sweetpotato, tomato, brocoli,squash, Apple shredded/finely chopped Is what we feed ours next to some crickets with some dusting powder for calcium

Do you cook the hard stuff or just get it really fine?

Don't cook it - fresh is best, I chop things into pea size blocks and hard veg is needed so they don't get jaw diseases so not too much fruit.
Avoid iceburg lettuce as it causes diarrhoea and never feed avocado it is toxic to reptiles and birds.Butternut pumpkin and blueberries are a couple of favourites here.
Check out my favourite site,it has all your answers. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

My recipy :
raw washed sweet potato and carrot , coarsely grated , mixed with raw pea & chopped raw green beans (1 cup each) and chopped / shredded greens ( mulberry leaves when I have them, choi (buk , puk) a whole broken up & washed head, I put the white stems in with supers to keep them hydrated & feed them) as part of daily offering, I make up my veg in bulk and mix and freeze in big icecube moulds, thaw one per day per skink and per dragon.

You guessed it - I'm lazy , suits me to make up in bulk once a month and simply thaw some cubes of ready to eat raw veg each day. I use a food processor to do the grating and chopping.

I add , when I have them fresh dandelion flowers & greens, nasturtium flowers & greens, blueberries , raspberries , strawberries (chopped), green seedless grapes, kiwi sliced as apetitisers and treats, sometimes some banana slices.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, he's loving the fruit!
But would anyone be able to identify what type he is? The guy i got him off wasn'tSnapchat-1054053932.jpg sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back