New snake owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Jenkin

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have recently adopted two snakes being a male Darwin Carpet (3 years old) & a (wildtype) childrens, not sure of age or sex but it would only be ~ 2 years.
Still not sure of feeding regime but currently feeding Darwin 1 adult rat or weanling rabbit /week.
Childrens is fed 1 adult mouse or weanling rat / week.
My question is, is this adequate? As they are both still hunting around within 2-3 nights of feeding.

They are both lovely natured snakes, although the Darwin is always reluctant to be handled.

sounds good for the sizes, however, you might want to space the feeds out to maybe fortnightly :) - even monthly, wont hurt them, and they wont get fat that way :)

sounds good for the sizes, however, you might want to space the feeds out to maybe fortnightly :) - even monthly, wont hurt them, and they wont get fat that way :)

Thanks Bl69aze,
As mentioned, They are both hunting around within 2 or 3 days of feeding but I guess that just being opportunistic as most predators are.
I think the Childrens will shed soon as it has gone quiet the last 2 nights.

The feeding routine sounds reasonable, but it's difficult to judge in text. If the snake looks overweight, reduce feeding. If it looks underweight, increase feeding. If it looks about right, keep doing what you're doing :)

The feeding routine sounds reasonable, but it's difficult to judge in text. If the snake looks overweight, reduce feeding. If it looks underweight, increase feeding. If it looks about right, keep doing what you're doing :)

Thanks Sdaji,
Appreciate your advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back