Imbricata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil j

Reaction score
For my next trick I’m attempting to make 50% imbricata het albino.
Away from that going to be cool to own an imbricata.
Anybody here have them. Please post pics.

2252E0EA-A3FC-432F-8333-BF75DDCCC2C6.jpeg

13E0C7D8-279D-4825-8BDF-32A55AFB75C6.jpeg

Thanks blaze, Darwin md jungle/coastal. Hoping the imbricata makes some crazing looking stuff.

Yikes

What a mix

I’ve always thought some hybrids were illegal ? Or just frowned upon?
Thanks blaze, Darwin md jungle/coastal. Hoping the imbricata makes some crazing looking stuff.

Nice mines a Geraldton to. I know it's crazy but might make some nice albs one day.

I keep what people call the "black and white" variety. Here's some photos, although I have posted these elsewhere on this forum. Some specimens have wonderfully intricate belly patterns.

South-west Carpet Python (Morelia imbricata) by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Pixie South-west Carpet Python by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Serpent Belly by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Not really sure what you'd be hoping for when putting imbricata into the milkshake. You'll piss some people off and end up with Carpets which look like nondescript carpets, which if you're starting with a Coastal/MD/Darwin mix you already have. Who knows, maybe they'll come out looking mildly different. Your snakes your choice. Have fun with the haters :)

Perhaps more importantly, gee, there are some really lovely imbricata shown here!

Yeah Sdaji I asked some of my breeder buddy’s on fb, and got the impression not worth while. Same as breeding a jungle to it. Lots of white. I scraped the idea in a hurry. And not even sure why it appealed to me in the first place. I guess it reminded me of an ax x albino pairing. Cheers

Very nice imbricata!

Yeah Sdaji I asked some of my breeder buddy’s on fb, and got the impression not worth while. Same as breeding a jungle to it. Lots of white. I scraped the idea in a hurry. And not even sure why it appealed to me in the first place. I guess it reminded me of an ax x albino pairing. Cheers

Very nice imbricata!

Interesting to hear your thoughts :) It's kinda cool you thought about doing something no one had done before, but also cool that you took the time to think about it and ask others and came to the conclusion it probably wouldn't be worthwhile. Keep thinking! Hopefully you have an idea which is worth pursuing :)

Kayla has some nice looking imbricata, I've seen a few of her pics. I'm not sure why anyone would want to pollute a pure breed and make mudbloods

If it was actually going to make a new, unique, beautiful snake, I can see why someone would want to produce those mudbloods. That isn't the same as polluting a pure 'breed' (there are no breeds of snakes). You could simply get one animal from the pure imbricata, say, a male, breed it with a female albino once, return your imbricata to wherever it came from, and the pure 'breed' (I assume you either meant taxon or population or colony or something) remains unchanged. In this case I don't see any point doing it, but creating mudbloods doesn't change pure lines.

Interesting to hear your thoughts :) It's kinda cool you thought about doing something no one had done before, but also cool that you took the time to think about it and ask others and came to the conclusion it probably wouldn't be worthwhile. Keep thinking! Hopefully you have an idea which is worth pursuing :)

Thanks Sdaji!
I got plenty on my plate.

I getting a breeder female het ax jungle zeb to use next year. I have a het ax jungle zeb boy I’m feeding up. Hope I at least get an ax zeb if they breed. Male preferably.

Remember the hatchlings I was feeding up for 18 months. I got 1.4 double het for snow jungle/Darwin
and my ax tiger line pure jungle project. 1.3. Technically I dueled sired this clutch and coped a lot of flack for doing so. Im keen to try prove them out next year. And I think they will. It’s my main project and should achieve super clean striped ax in a decade.

And t+ het marble x marble will make marble het t+ and double hets. Next season. my first time for ants. Hope they eat for me.

My mud blood albino will most likely be used to try prove ax pos het albino out :)
[doublepost=1545521893,1545521458][/doublepost]I thought she was somewhat special having only owned pure albino before and thought I could enhance her but unlikely.

Last edited:
And t+ het marble x marble will make marble het t+ and double hets. Next season. my first time for ants. Hope they eat for me.

Let me know if you're after a tarble now to speed that project right along :)

That would be awesome. Would need a girl though. Spent 900 on my t+ het marble male.
More interested in an albino het axanthic jungle line carpet python.
Which won’t be cheap either.
When I said plenty on my plate it is for me with restrictions on space and money.
Regretfully I couldn’t get back to you about the marble boy.

Yeah I don’t know if tarbles are the end of the game or surely somebody will breed one to an alb Mac Lol. I seriously don’t know. I don’t know if they are any where near as good as a patternless ghost t+ or an outstanding marble.

That would be awesome. Would need a girl though. Spent 900 on my t+ het marble male.
More interested in an albino het axanthic jungle line carpet python.
Which won’t be cheap either.
When I said plenty on my plate it is for me with restrictions on space and money.
Regretfully I couldn’t get back to you about the marble boy.

Yeah I don’t know if tarbles are the end of the game or surely somebody will breed one to an alb Mac Lol. I seriously don’t know. I don’t know if they are any where near as good as a patternless ghost t+ or an outstanding marble.

Can do a female tarble :) Have one available now, she's a great feeder, took a thawed pinky readily on her first offer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back