Snake poop outside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrma

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Is this normal? Every time i take out my yearling olive python from enclosure to grass,inside house (living room), any open space,he always shiit on it. And look like he enjoy it, he just stay quiet and then he just doing his own bussines crap out..

Yep sounds normal. The freedom of movement and added stimuli is usually all that's needed to promote a bowel movement. Getting them to do it outside their enclosure (and your house) is a benefit to you, not having to clean it up.

Yup very normal !

Some people like to think they trained their “scalebaby” to poop outside

Yet whenever I take them outside a week after eating they poop 100% of the time

One of mine does it as far away as possible from her preferred basking spot in the enclosure. She hasn’t as yet pooped when I take her outside, as I’m a bit paranoid about putting her on the grass - too many dense bushes and tall trees she could bolt for if she wanted to.
The other one just drops it in her enclosure wherever she feels like.

The difference is that one is a juvenile/sub adult and the other one is an adult. That makes me wonder whether pooping far away from “home” is survival instinct, as poop would alert predators to a snake’s presence.

No one wants to poop where they live/sleep. If they (captive snakes) regularly had the opportunity to, they'd all poop outside.

My Woma does this too, shes only pooped in her enclosure twice just after I got her, but since then she waits til I take her outside, but doesnt go as frequent as I'd like, past couple times shes waited almost two weeks to go even though I take her outside every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back