8yr old girl bitten by goanna on Straddy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder why it bit her? most monitors don't just go for people. either people in the area have been a bit too nice to the wild monitors or she harassed it, either way it must've hurt quite a bit :(

Probably because too many people feed them, and they become accustomed to people, and being fed by them.
So the Rep then goes looking for a feed when people are around.

She wont do that again.
Do what exactly?walk past a picnic area on an extremely hot day and accidentally cop a bite from an extremely over fed and confident lace monitor do you think she was pulling on its tail like a dog ffs.

Do what exactly?walk past a picnic area on an extremely hot day and accidentally cop a bite from an extremely over fed and confident lace monitor do you think she was pulling on its tail like a dog ffs.

That made me lol.

But yeah, with the limited experience I've had with Monitors. They don't just bite out of no where. Usually give you warnings to back off first and bite as a last resort.

Haven't been bitten by mine since it was 2 months old. When it did bite me it was my fault. People just fail to realise that for whatever reason.

That made me lol.

But yeah, with the limited experience I've had with Monitors. They don't just bite out of no where. Usually give you warnings to back off first and bite as a last resort.

Haven't been bitten by mine since it was 2 months old. When it did bite me it was my fault. People just fail to realise that for whatever reason.
your talking about defence behaviour. In this heat we have been having big monitors tame and wild become extremely food orientated that Lacie has obviously been fed way too much by previous campers and has no fear of humans whatsoever probably haven’t had a feed of left over bbq for a little while so grabbed a girls foot instead it was pure feed response it even hung around and waited for Tony Harrison to show up you could see how easily he lured it with a cooked snag. People really need to stop feeding wild animals. Girl was in the wrong place at the wrong time pure and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back