Snake ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAnt

Reaction score
Hello. I recently was given my first pet snake but the original owner was unsure of its breed. She thinks it's a Murray darling.

IMG_20190210_221752.jpg

IMG_20190210_221333.jpg

IMG_20190210_221016.jpg

Hi,

Not what's referred to as a Murray Darling. Looks more like what's referred to as a Coastal Carpet. Hope you've got an enclosure for it because, like all snakes, they are exceptional escape artists and you won't have it for too long keeping it in that box. If you've never kept one before can I suggest you Google...Carpet Python Care Sheets.

George.

Thank you. I do have an enclosure, the box was just for transportation.

Hey LA, what did the paperwork say it was? On a licensing aspect, just make sure you get all the paperwork completed as it's not uncommon for new reptile keepers to get caught up in all the excitement and forget about the boring paperwork.

Regardless, congrats on the new addition

Looks mixed blood, could be a slightly unusual Coastal, definitely not a pure Murray Darling. Incorrect names are very common.

Incidentally, so far there are no snake breeds of any type anywhere in the world. Murray Darling is a subspecies. Breeds are things created by humans (humans create them by breeding them). German Shepherd Dog, Siamese Cat, Jersey Cow, etc, are examples of breeds. This is also different from morphs (eg albino, jaguar, striped, etc).

Looks like my jungle python though its half striped half spotted. Very cool looking snek mate! Look after it well. If its a jungle python itll love to eat , iv trained mine to go to a chair in my kitchen when hes hungry and wait patiently for meals ,. Hes never in his tank since im always home so he lives free in my room. Iv got branches stuck to all my bedroom walls and the cupboard top shelf has his hide and water in it for when hes shedding. They are extremely clever animals but he never tries to escape now that hes almost 1 year old. Have a nice day!

Have to agree with Casey, more like a Jungle Python, could have a mix of coastal.

Murray Darling??????.

Beautiful markings either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back