Do pet snakes poop on you?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessi

Reaction score
I know this is a really weird question, but I was hoping to hold my snakes while chilling, watching tv, etc. I was wondering if they’d poop on you though, because then I’d need like a towel or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, it's not only when stressed or whatever. Sometimes they do just need to go! They only go every week or month or so depending on season/age/etc, so it's not that common, but the movement of being handled can help them move it along and make it the right time for it to come out. When you're experienced with snakes you should be able to tell if a snake is close to needing to go by the shape of its body (you can see if there's a lump of stuff in there), and also you can read their behaviour and see just before they get ready to do it.

When mine was a 6mth old, he curled up in my hoodie and pooped in it

Sometimes they poop on you because it's their time to poop, my cornsnake had a two days after feeding poop schedule when she was a babby, I handled her and let crawl on my lap, later I put my hand down and felt something damp, yep urates and poop.

I know this is a really weird question, but I was hoping to hold my snakes while chilling, watching tv, etc. I was wondering if they’d poop on you though, because then I’d need like a towel or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer your question, mine poop on me all the time. They definitely aren't stressed or anything like that, they go quiet so I suspect something is happening and before you know it, the tail goes up and out shoots a couple of logs and a white sack with pee all over the place, then I have Snake **** everywhere...lol. I use a towel. Lizard Poop is worse, it stinks like hell ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back