• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Live feeder insects western suburbs of melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronoz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Pet store prices always tend to add up especially with feeders. Are there any places i can pick up woodies for a decent price? I would breed but fluon is expensive and vaseline is just messy. Also id prefer not to pay shipping. Lol thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$15 for fluon once off doesn't seem expensive when you put it in the context of saving $5 (or whatever you pay - I've never ever bought insects from a pet shop and haven't taken a look at prices for years) every single feed.

Woodies are extremely easy to breed, take literally about 2 minutes of maintenance per week plus a six monthly clean out (I've left colonies years without cleaning them) and virtually nothing in ongoing costs. I used to produce enough to sell kilograms of them and it cost me less than $1 per week to feed them, and most of that cost was carrots for moisture. Before I realised I could sell them I used to freeze the excess and put them on the compost heap because they just bred like crazy.

They actually save you a lot of time as well as money because they save you a trip to the shop, which takes far longer than tossing a piece of carrot in once or twice per week. You always have every size you need on hand rather than having to go to the shop every time you need to feed your critters, which is a huge benefit, they don't make noise, I spent years producing them just in little 10 litre tubs (with only about 5 colonies in small tubs I produced enough to feed literally hundreds of lizards and frogs!).

Not sure if he's still doing it, but Brian Barnett used to sell large numbers of woodies in the western suburbs (Ardeer).

Woodies... I breed them by the thousands. All from an original purchase of 30 woodies from Brian's worms. Costs me nothing and I never clean them out. Never bothered with fluon or Vaseline. Neither are necessary.
20160501_172038.jpg
20190226_185401.jpg

Oh that’s actually quite cheap. The place i found selling fluon was on ebay for 30 bucks. Where could i buy it?

Oh that’s actually quite cheap. The place i found selling fluon was on ebay for 30 bucks. Where could i buy it?

Google is your friend. You'll find several sellers willing to post, some are less than $15, but even at $30 it would pay itself off very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back