Albino Darwin Python how much to feed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plagued_

Reaction score
My Albino Darwin python is of recently 12 months old, he is around 107 cm as of today and i'm not sure how often i should be feeding him. he is currently eating a fuzzy rat every 5 days.

if anyone knows and could help me out with this would be great.

A metre long Darwin should be on something larger than fuzzy rats, then you could feed every 10 days or so. My 80 cm Darwins are on large adult mice which is like fuzzy rats, I switch them to hopper/weaner rats next.

If he's 107cm (how did you get such a precise measurement?) he's about on track for his age, which is good.

I agree with the above, I'd be increasing the feed size though. He's done well but is ready to upgrade :)

The best way to judge how much to feed isn't really by saying every x days or xx grams or whatever. The best way to do it is look at the snake and if it's at all overweight feed less (either smaller feeds or feed less often or both), if it's underweight increase feeding, and if it's growing well and well proportioned, keep up the good work!

If 107cm is accurate then it sounds good okay, but I'd feed slightly more (I'm one of those evil power feeders, and you may not want to listen to me, and that's totally fine). If that measurement came from a slough I'd definitely feed significantly more. If you post a picture it will be easier to say.

If he's 107cm (how did you get such a precise measurement?) he's about on track for his age, which is good.

I agree with the above, I'd be increasing the feed size though. He's done well but is ready to upgrade :)

The best way to judge how much to feed isn't really by saying every x days or xx grams or whatever. The best way to do it is look at the snake and if it's at all overweight feed less (either smaller feeds or feed less often or both), if it's underweight increase feeding, and if it's growing well and well proportioned, keep up the good work!

If 107cm is accurate then it sounds good okay, but I'd feed slightly more (I'm one of those evil power feeders, and you may not want to listen to me, and that's totally fine). If that measurement came from a slough I'd definitely feed significantly more. If you post a picture it will be easier to say.
I never realised how stretched a fresh shed really was, ( I knew they were stretched but not how much) the shed went from 6-6.5ft and over night was about 5ft

I never realised how stretched a fresh shed really was, ( I knew they were stretched but not how much) the shed went from 6-6.5ft and over night was about 5ft

Yeah, a lot of people think the shed skin is the length of the snake. It's generally about 15-30% longer, can be up to around 50% longer if it comes off wet and gets stretched as the snake pulls out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back