Some new crocodile research

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baker

Reaction score
Bit of shameless self promotion, but my first journal article which stemmed from my honours project during 2017 is finally published and available online.

If you're interested in crocodiles, the nesting behaviour of animals or a combination of the two you'll probably find this article interesting. Also, if you don't have institutional access feel free to send me a message and I will be happy to send through a pdf version of the article.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00442-019-04382-4

Cheers, Cameron

Note: While this article examines the nesting behaviour of female crocodiles, I will not not be entering the current debate surrounding crocodile egg harvesting in Qld, nor do I feel this article particularly relates to it (although I'm sure the media won't see it that way). I am just wanting to share my research with people who may find it interesting.

Thanks CrazyNut, it's good to finally have it published and available for people to read.

Thanks Shikito123. To answer your question, for my undergraduate I did a bachelor of science majoring in ecology and zoology. I then did my honours in ecology which this research is from, and am now currently doing a PhD examining the sociality of crocodiles and using them as a model species to create a framework which will allow us to better identify and understand animal sociality.

Cheers, Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back