Has anybody ordered from Livefoodsunlimited?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spookynoodle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I've been doing more research on live feeders for my Beardie, he's currently fed crickets, woodies and the occasional mealworm. I want to add calci worms (black soldier fly larvae) to his diet. I've never ordered insects online and I was wondering if anybody has had any positive/negative experiences with this seller? I don't want to be sent a tub of dead worms.

They are a very reliable and high quality supplier IMO. I've been using them for quite some time after changing from Frog Arcade.

Their BSFL are good , they will be shipped in a calico bag with some potting mix - I usually transfer them from a bag to a 20L tub - is a dirty process (dealing with dirt) and often some of the maggots are tangled up the stitching and loose fibres inside the bag.
I then transfer the worms to an old Biosupplies cricket tub with the bedding they came in.
When I need to use some , I tip them out into the above 20L tub and let some crawl of the dirt , they go into an old used round meal worm tub with no bedding and are good and dry and ready to go to skinks and dragons next day (they tend to self clean by crawl all over each other so this saves me the bother).
Damp BSFL lavae are Hoodinees and will escape any feeder dish you put them in , if they are dry , and the dish is very smooth glossy on the inside , they stay there.

I've also ordered large and small BSFL from Biosupplies too , they ship them in tubs (no bedding , at least the last lot I got came with no bedding - this suits me fine).

The pupae are fine to use as an appetizer in the salad for the lizards , and the flies are a hit with skinks and dragons (being slow moving and harmless).

Livefoods and Biosupplies are both very good if you are after bulk crickets, BSFL and silkworms (most the year).

I generally order my crickets by the 1000 from Livefoods (they ship in calico bags with some hiding structures and ground food in the bag) , I've sometimes encountered a spider the bag , and regularly find a few small woodies in bag , so be careful when turning the calico bag the crickets come in inside out to get the stubborn crickets out (you might find an 8 legged stowaway in there).

Another OK supplier is Frog Arcade , though they often seem to be out off stock (of crickets of some sizes) , they don't have BSFL , but do have blowfly gents and pupae and housefly gents and pupae which are fine for very small lizards. Frog Arcade ship everything in modified mailer tubes.

Last edited:
I use them and I am extremely remote. Always get what I need on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back