Where do you find reptiles to buy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing your protocol on quarantine. You hear the word closed collection thrown around a lot but as sdaji has said I don't think to many of them take the measures you do to ensure your animals are disease free.

I have tried to find a fem axanthic coastal carpet on fb in my price range with no avail

Maybe because I'm the only one in Australia not spending most of my time on FB I don't understand it but I find it just a mass of morph photos with people posting likes, I knew someone that got thousands of likes for her snake collection photos but when she had to sell none of the likes bought any. A lot of my hatchlings are sold to people referred from previous buyers but I have had no problem selling anything I advertised on Reptile Classifieds for good prices. I am rarely a buyer because I maintain a closed collection and then only from people I know and trust who breed what I need.

Im hearing you Ken but I have exactly the same problems on RCA if Im honest. Lots of looks, email etc but very few sales. I think the whole thing with fb is becoming known. Once you have been on the reptile pages a few years its easier to sell as people start hunting you down. I dont breed in big numbers so it makes no real odds to me if the hatchies stay with me a year or 2. The thing that always makes my blood boil is the time wasters.
[doublepost=1555204666,1555204570][/doublepost]
in my price range with no avail

There might lie the problem.

I have tried to find a fem axanthic coastal carpet on FB in my price range with no avail
What is your price range? only ones I've seen are around 3000 and for a reason.

JT8BE9d.jpg

Last edited:
What is your price range? only ones I've seen are around 3000 and for a reason.

JT8BE9d.jpg

Wow, I've always had a soft spot for the black and white critters.

If WA dropped the python import ban, or permitted keeping more species, I'd reckon there would be a lot of people looking to buy. As a WA resident myself I get super jealous looking at all the beautiful critters other states get to keep while we don't have much of a selection at all. Not to mention our prices can be insane at times in comparison to the Eastern states. It really does my head in.

On the topic of Reptile Classifieds has anyone noticed that the website tends to be rather glitchy?

Sorry to tell you but I don't think you will find a visual axanthic for 1 grand. Lucky if you find one under 2 grand this season

Thanks all.

I am in NZ travelling at the moment but I'll reach out to those who offered and we can see what can be done. I have been keen on the idea for a while but just haven't had time.

Stu
[doublepost=1555466173,1555465875][/doublepost]
I sent a message to Shaun asking what was happening with the Reptile Classifieds site and only got a vague answer like he's been away from the computer, did not know and would check?
The structure and functionality of RCA was good except perhaps the photos were too small when viewed on a computer and APS is better in that regard. No idea of the economics of running such a site but APS exists now so any revenue from advertising etc must be a bonus to the existing cost structure, RCA charged for a variety of things including bumps and I am sure breeders will be happy with something similar.

To be transparent, the site and infrastructure costs me a couple of hundred dollars per month to be hosted. I don't ask for money to support the site as I found that the very few who had a bad experience caused waves if they had funded the site. I just keep it going as a resource for Aus keepers, regardless of some of the negative history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back