Marbled Children's Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I've had so much fun with these over the last few years! So pleased with the progress, and this season's are the best yet! I'm so excited to see how some of these turn out as they grow!

aliens stole my carrots.jpg

dont lose your marbleds.jpg

Ya mum gave me a gobbie just for a picture of this snake.jpg

my pants get sticky when I see this snake.jpg

marbled killed my dog to sell the body for this pinky.jpg

Ohhh they're beautiful! Congratulations and well done!!! Love that third one! :D

Yeah, that's one of the really nice orange ones, they're spectacular! We're hoping to have one on display at the expo in a few weeks. They look even better in the flesh!

Congratulations on your Stunning new additions there sdjai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guilty of not normally liking childrens, something about their head shape turns me off....but those are crackers!

I know it was some time ago,
But do you still have/breed albino death adders? I drooled over them for years. I'd love to see updates if you do!
Sorry for sounding like a creep haha, they're just some animals that burnt into my brain.

Very nice mate. I have 1.1 yearling 66% hets I’m keen to grow out. I’m confident they will prove out due to the fact they have pale toungues. But was unable to confirm with anyone that this was a marker. So i think a homozygous marble is required. How much should I expect to pay for a yearling or adult female?

Last edited:
Vampstorso: Unfortunately, after creating the first ones and being the one to establish the morph, I no longer keep any! I've been unable to keep venomous snakes for a few years because I frequently need to rely on other people to take care of them, and deadly snakes come with various hassles, and I just haven't been able to find the right person who is willing and able to do it for me. They're not really worth big dollars so a breeding loan arrangement with deadly snakes wouldn't work either. A great shame not to be working with my own morph! There are plenty of people with them now, which makes me really happy, but I'm not sure if anyone is really working on any selective breeding with them. Quite a shame as I was starting to get some good results at the time I stopped. I would have continued on because I obviously had a personal interest in them, but without being worth a grand or two each, I suppose no one else is likely to bother with various directions of selective breeding.

You're never a creep for asking about snakes on a snake forum :)

Neil: A few people have had various ideas about what might be a marker for het marbleds. So for all of the ideas have turned out to be wrong, but who knows, maybe something will turn out to be visual. We've produced a good number of hets and I haven't been able to find anything at all.

If you're willing to bet on your poss het pair proving out, breed them together and you'll know! If you wanted to buy one of this season's visual hatchlings it would be ready to breed next year, and it would be far cheaper than a yearling or adult visual. Send me a message if you'd like to chat, I have some really nice ones and will shamelessly beat anyone's price ;)

Thanks mate I’m getting this for 480 off reptile mania. Looks like a yearling wondering what she weighs.

51955889-3785-4669-8008-EC23EF712A25.jpeg

1 meter they grow so wouldn’t need more then a big tub

Nice one, Neil :)

Ella: Floor space of 50cm x 30cm is plenty. Back in the days of experimenting I bred Children's Pythons in a 2 litre tub! (no, that's not a typo) Not something I'd typically do and certainly not something I'd recommend under normal circumstances, or something I'd suggest admitting to if you are afraid of keyboard warriors :p

Here mine @sadji I need a male for her she is slow grown though 180g 11/15 she was born.

[doublepost=1529403695,1529403621][/doublepost]I need an equally impressive male for her

These really are beautiful snakes. I wonder, does anyone know if someone has managed to breed this colouration over here in WA?

I suspect the answer is going to be a no, but I would buy one in a heartbeat.

This years breeding project: T+albino 100%het marble & marble 100%het T+ over my favourite 100% het T+ Female
Have a female marble/ het ghost for next year, but alas not ready yet
[doublepost=1555902108,1555901273][/doublepost]Either way it goes will hopefully prove out my female and get at least a double het or 2 in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back