Aggressive Children’s python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brittani299

Reaction score
Hello,
I have had my children’s python for about 4 years. I live in the United States and few people seem to keep them here. He lunges at me all the time and I have to use a hook to get him out to clean his cage. He is in a 25 gallon tank, his warm side is 90-92, his cold is 75-80. He gets one large mouse a week. Is there a way to make him less aggressive?

Hello,
I have had my children’s python for about 4 years. I live in the United States and few people seem to keep them here. He lunges at me all the time and I have to use a hook to get him out to clean his cage. He is in a 25 gallon tank, his warm side is 90-92, his cold is 75-80. He gets one large mouse a week. Is there a way to make him less aggressive?
Can you handle him without being struck, once he's removed from the enclosure? Or do you just not try because of his temperament?

Most times a Snake Strikes is food related, my Woma latched onto me last weekend, she was hungry so I fed her and she is placid now. How often do you feed him? they like to be fed once a week and the food should be a bit bigger than the outside diameter of their stomach so it will put a lump in there. Leave him for a couple of days after feeding before handling him and be confident getting him out of his enclosure.

25 gallon tank equates to roughly 90-100 ltrs (3foot enclosure) how many hides do you have?Substrate? Maybe throw in some more hides/branches or smaller enclosure if needs be. They are generally a very placid snake , your temps are perfect so try as mentioned above by others, or try a smaller enclosure, good luck & please keep us updated

Mine gets a Weaner Rat weekly, love them. Rule of thumb, make sure the food is slightly larger than the outside of his tummy, it needs to leave a bulge. Mice are too small

Hold up a sec guys, we’re talking about a children’s python here? I can’t see pics , but if it is a children’s, it would only need mice , if it’s fully grown an extra large adult every 7-14 days would be fine. I can’t understand why people think they have to feed rats. That’s just my opinion on smaller breeds of python, disregard if you want, but I’ve never fed rats to a children’s python & not about to start because someone on a forum says so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back