Stimson locale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero2888

Reaction score
Hi all I just got my 1st snake after having many other reptiles. I have gone for the stimson and I'm hoping someone may be able to help me find out what locality he/she is.

Thanks in advance
e30c0907cd78d09d680f5e68a27ab1aa.jpg
1a9b34f31479928e08a13b59dee00453.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

No one can tell you a locality. Its parents could have both been different localities making it a mix, and even its parents could have been mixed too.

can only throw guesses :p

No one can tell you a locality. Its parents could have both been different localities making it a mix, and even its parents could have been mixed too.

can only throw guesses :p
Yeah I understand it's difficult to know for certain I'm just hoping someone may have an idea going my markings colour etc

It's a hybrid, definitely has maculosa in the mix, looks most likely to be maculosa x stimsoni. Very difficult to say what proportions how how many generations ago the mixing occurred. Visually it looks more similar to a Spotted Python than a Stimson's, which is pretty typical (maculosa traits show up more heavily in hybrids, I've seen low % maculosa blood Antaresia which could easily pass as pure maculosa).

Don't feel too bad, my first snakes were also Antaresia mudbloods which were sold to me as locality pure by the guy who at the time was the most respected herper in the country! One of them lived to the best part of 20 years and at over 5' long was the second or third longest Antaresia I've ever seen. They can be great pet snakes, although you're probably best off not breeding him.

It's a hybrid, definitely has maculosa in the mix, looks most likely to be maculosa x stimsoni. Very difficult to say what proportions how how many generations ago the mixing occurred. Visually it looks more similar to a Spotted Python than a Stimson's, which is pretty typical (maculosa traits show up more heavily in hybrids, I've seen low % maculosa blood Antaresia which could easily pass as pure maculosa).

Don't feel too bad, my first snakes were also Antaresia mudbloods which were sold to me as locality pure by the guy who at the time was the most respected herper in the country! One of them lived to the best part of 20 years and at over 5' long was the second or third longest Antaresia I've ever seen. They can be great pet snakes, although you're probably best off not breeding him.
Awesome thanks for that. That's what I thought. Either way it is a beautiful snake [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back