Bearded Dragons not Eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Colbert

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone in the community .

Curious. Are bearded Dragons similar to other reptiles in that they can go into like a hibernation mode and stop eating and go into their hides for days at a time.

Both mine and a young friends both do it on and off.

Any thoughts would be awesome.

Thanks again everyone

Yes Rob, winter is the time for reptiles to brumate. It is colder and food is harder to find so most reptiles,especially those in southern states will slow down to conserve energy. Most will do this for anywhere from 2-4 months.If they cool down their food reserves will last longer than if you keep them warm, so turn off your heat lamps if they want to sleep.

T
Yes Rob, winter is the time for reptiles to brumate. It is colder and food is harder to find so most reptiles,especially those in southern states will slow down to conserve energy. Most will do this for anywhere from 2-4 months.If they cool down their food reserves will last longer than if you keep them warm, so turn off your heat lamps if they want to sleep.

Thanks so much for your reply it makes sense.

I will pass this onto my friend as she has been very concerned about her bearded

All the best and thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back