Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannahchikka

Reaction score
Hi,

So I just got a yearling childrens python. I have looked online how to tell if a snake is relaxed or stressed when he is in the enclosure and it's not exactly clear on the difference. The only thing I definitely know is if its not eating its stressed. So please help me by giving me signs of the snake being relaxed and signs of the snake being stressed. Because I read if a snake hides too much he is stressed, if he moves too much he is stressed etc. So it has just confused me and stressed me out. If there are any videos of visual differences that would be really helpful.

A healthy snake can also be one you dont see much and hides alot, if hes stressed he will be flighty

I do want to say if he’s kicking back with a beer , he’s relaxed, but that’s less than helpful. (Chuckles)
As said above , I’ll only see my childrens pythons when they move from hide to hide during the day, sometimes out and about at night. Generally they find a cozy spot and stay there, if he’s constantly moving around the enclosure check ur temps.if temps are fine he’s probably hungry . How big is the enclosure? I keep my yearling males in 30ltr tubs, they seem happy enough. More experienced keepers can give you a more definitive answer, hope this helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back