Diamond python skin condition - Black and pink marks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leotide

Reaction score
Hello everyone, was just hoping for a bit of advice with my yearling Diamond Python Kerrigan.

My partner and I took her to the vet about a month ago to treat her for a RI (followed by enrotril injections once every two days, didn't get better after the first two weeks so we went for a second round). Just around that time she also started to develop odd black and pink marks which we assumed was an indicator of scale rot. We checked with the vet who told us to give her diluted betadine swabs, but that the black markings might also be due to the injections and just a discolouration of her scales.

Now her RI has gone, however after shedding a day ago we noticed her marks are still there and don't appear to have gotten any better. But at least they aren't getting worse.

Does anyone know what her skin condition is?

eKw4afo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly a burn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly a burn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unlikely but we considered it. We've already tested the lights and surroundings to make sure she can't burn herself, plus the placement of the spots just doesn't seem to match up. We've chalked it down to discolouration from the injection sites but are still continuing the betadine treatment just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back