Axanthic jungle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morelia_mdv

Reaction score
Hi all, just woundering what if you think this boy could be axanthic? He is a 75% jungle about 16 months old, and hasnt changed colours much. Sometimes you can see a bit of fluro green under certain lights, but he has fluri jags in his family. You reckon he could have some axanthicism in him?
ff3b1abed5f869f9d6aaa92dcd0a9e46.jpg
b624bcce2db187a9bbea461790dd916a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

109% sure not visual axanthic

He could be Het for Axanthic though, won’t know unless you know the parents
[doublepost=1557735320,1557735209][/doublepost]This is an axanthic

34B80DB2-9E9F-43BF-8199-B0EDD22F84D0.jpeg

Yeah, i know hes definatley not pure axanthic. One of my family realtives bred him, and the parents were both jungle jags, mum being half coastal/md. They were both purchased from neville reibelt, so something else may be in there.

Not an axanthic
And if the mix your saying is correct then highly unluckily it has any axanthic genetics
It’s just a mutt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like your family relative ripped you off.

You listed atleast 3 different species of pythons In mum and dad, were either of them het axanthic? I would highly doubt it from the species u listed

Best ask Neville, he would know, he does all his paper work and can tell you what he sold

Male ax jungle semi stripe breeder
Het ax female zebra jungle breeder
Video of female breeder

FD6556D8-C8A9-43A7-AC9C-0A6835B257A4.jpeg

A2B1B7A8-2F04-46E8-99DE-F9C29E2ADCB4.jpeg

I love the axanthic gene for its inheritable nature but yellowtail is right about some line bred snakes being a different white. Check out my 88% MD jag

View attachment DSC_2168_1.jpg

I wish I could get my pics to load straight up and not an attachment

Some of diamond bredli jags I see overseas are soo white.
I owned a couple of julattens, one was from URS really clean crisp white other one was more grey and I actually was suspicious about it being an AX to almost a decade ago. Lol

05320140-6044-46C6-83DB-EE840673ED05.jpeg

Some of diamond bredli jags I see overseas are soo white.
I owned a couple of julattens, one was from URS really clean crisp white other one was more grey and I actually was suspicious about it being an AX to almost a decade ago. Lol

View attachment 327142
I love the stardust diamonds or whatever they are called

5C93696F-5AB4-4FAA-B719-61912456E50D.jpeg

Is that a recessive trait? Wonder if they are 100% pure.

Sounds like your family relative ripped you off.

You listed atleast 3 different species of pythons In mum and dad, were either of them het axanthic? I would highly doubt it from the species u listed

Best ask Neville, he would know, he does all his paper work and can tell you what he sold
Well he actually gave him to me for free, and as i said i knew he isnt pure axanthic. I was juat woundering what people thought of him. I also did ask Neville, and he said he didnt think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back