Snake on Duct Tape! Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So i have two Northern Garter snakes, and they live in a twenty gallon terrarium with a twist lock. The door doesnt close all the way if you dont push it down, and it stays about a centimeter open at the top. So i left my house the other day, and when i got home, I saw a snake on the wall! I recognised it as my snake Nagini, and she was tangled in some duct tape i was using to hold up a picture. I pulled the whole picture off the wall and took it to the kitchen. I had seen people put vegetable oil on snakes in glue traps and rub at the adhesive, do thats what i did. I got her off, But patches of shed was on the tape. I would be fine with it if it werent for the fact that she had just shed the previous week. I was just holding her in the palm of my hand because shes a young snake, to see if she would try to escape as usual, but she just sat there! now she seems fine, but shes moving much slower than usual, and lifts her belly off the ground whenever possible, as if it hurts her.
Help would be welcome, Thanks.

Take her to the vet for pain relief and hydration, when scales are damaged they will dehydrate quicker.
She will likely go into shed much quicker than usual due to the damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

she has been drinking alot more latley and soaking in her water bowl, and theres no reptile vets near me. If there was, my mom wouldnt take her.
[doublepost=1559187287,1559183141][/doublepost]So I took the snake out today and I noticed that there is literally no skin on spots on here belly. Just scales. I don't know how she will shed in this condition.

Take the snake to the vet for assistance. no other advice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back