Tank set up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melmy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m new and could use some advice please :)

I've purchased a 2 foot reptile one vivarium and its got an infra red heat light in it at one end and thermostat. Is that enough heat? Should I use a heat pad instead/as well?

Should the infra red globe be a certain distance from the floor of the tank? Ive got a cage for it but it's only got 16cm clearance between floor of tank and the light - won't the cage around the light heat up and be reachable so snake could get burned? Or should the globe be above the mesh in the top section?

Will be getting a juv Mac or Woma.

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know how the lamp is mounted?
Aren't the Reptile One vivs have a mesh roof?
any how the cage will heat yes but no where as hot as the IR globe surfaces. .
if i were you id put in some slate under the heat lamp. it retains heat better.
16 cm is fine. just monitor your temps.

just thought is the height only 30cm on the viv ??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes the back half of roof is mesh.
The lights hanging under the mesh - although the mesh is metal so I could just mount it above the mesh and see how the temps go. It’s got melamine above the mesh as well but open at the back.
Will add a tile in as well :)
Back half of the tank under the mesh is 30cm high, front half of tank is 45cm high

Also how do I attach the thermostat probe to the back of the tank? IMG_6803.jpg (NB Probe has been fed through mesh on top of tank - I’m not using that burnt looking thing on the back of the tank!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back