Breeding help??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, recently I acquired a breeding pair of northern garter snakes, but both look the same to me. I've heard the males tail are supposed to be thicker and ending more rapidly. But both their tails look the same! I don't have a probe and I don't know if I should pop, because they are a bit big for that. Pls help!

im wanting to know wether the one that i was told was male is actually male.

How can any of us sex your snake based on you saying you can't tell the difference in appearance and that you aren't going to probe or pop? You can't even put pictures up.

Popping is usually pretty easy with Garter Snakes and similar colubrids, and even if you don't manage it successfully it's safe to try if you know what you're doing. If you don't know what you're doing see if you can get someone to teach you or do it for you. Most Australians have little experience with colubrids, especially Garter Snakes and similar species, but if you want people here to have a go based on pictures you'll at least need to post pictures. If they are mature adults and you take good enough pictures it might be possible.

8C8704BE-0028-419D-A3EC-8B9F484554F8.jpeg Going to hijack this for my own breeding question. 2nd week I’ve put these 2 together and have found the female in this position twice. Is it a positive sign? Thx in advance

if shes gravid and you have heat lights - it can mean shes warming her belly up for eggs :) - so yes

Isn’t it a little early to be gravid ? & I only have floor heating , they were under ceramic plate in pic.

yes it is , im just saying what can be causes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back