Is Cassandra a boy???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilithLeChat

Reaction score
Cassandra is my 17 month old Diamond Python. When she? was about 7 months old, I took her? to the vet for health check up and sexing. While the vet explained that probing female Diamonds may give false male result, due to the probe going in further than with other carpet females, he was pretty certain she was a she.

And then tonight she dropped some urate with an attachment that looks a lot like a sperm plug...

Is it? Is 17 months old start of sexual maturity?

If Cassandra is Xander, that would explain his twitchiness, considering there’s a mature female bredli on the opposite side of the room.

full

full

What do you mean by twitchiness? Tail wagging is biggest indicator

It's very early for any shenanigans going on, 17months for a male seems about right :) they are generally ready to breed way earlier than females.

But yes, it does look like a sperm plug.

By twitchy I mean restless and more reactive than usual. Hasn’t tried to bite but tends to wrap suddenly as if about to fall, although not in danger of falling.

Doesn't look like a sperm plug. No idea what sex Cassandra is though.

Doesn't look like a sperm plug. No idea what sex Cassandra is though.

What do you think it is? Should I go to the vet?
I haven’t seen that in her urate/droppings before, but have seen it expelled by the male bredli, or stuck to his shed skin.

I think you're staring at **** a bit too hard and overthinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back