Computer fan/ incubator tips

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
starting to get ready to set up a DIY incubator made of an old bar fridge.

GS446y2.png
- Would something like this work - laced with a double layer of heat cord?

Also can someone please explain how they set up computer fans into something like this?? I've looked and looked on how to set up a "computer fan" to a regular power adaptor (like the ones you plug into walls etc) with no luck - Unless the "use your phone charger" is a real thing and I'm going crazy. - I am also under the impression that the fan should be running 24/7? or only a couple of hours a day?

sfImVRo.png

Cheerios :D

Last edited:
that little fridge is ideal and only needs 1 heat cord. I set up a 12v computer fan with a phone charger, just cut off the plug and join the wires together.Yes it runs 24 hours. I have used my incubator for more than 6 years and had great success with central and pygmy beardies. next season it will be pythons too.You need a thermostat for the heat cable, I have 2 different thermometers to make sure everything is fine

Last edited:
If you don’t feel like hacking up old phone chargers or messing with electricity in general, jaycar electronics sell everything you need, just walk in and explain what you want to do.

It could work with our without a fan, but easier to setup with the fan. Either way test before you have any eggs. Having lots of thermal mass as a heat sink helps. You can use anything from lumps of metal to bottles full of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back