Kimberley Northern Blue Tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just sharing some photos of my Kimberley Prince Regent Northern Blue Tongue Lizards.

They're so cute, if not a little pugnacious. Their intricate speckling just blows me away, and they get better after each shed. Speaking of which, they're due for a shed soon so maybe I'll be able to take some more photos if the weather permits.

I know a lot of people on here don't care much when it comes to naming their reptiles, but their names are Dionysos (Διόνυσος) and Ariadne (Ἀριάδνη). They may sound a little outlandish, but I'm keeping them within the Greek theme as I'm currently learning the Greek language. And no, I'm not a natural and my Greek grammar sucks as well as my pronunciations. Still, I'm finding the learning experience fun anyway.

Μου αρέσουν οι σαύρες μου (I like my lizards). Or "μου αρέσουν τα φίδια μου" if you want to say I like my snakes. Or "μου αρέσουν οι χελώνες μου" for turtles. Or cut out the "μου" at the end of the sentence if you would just like to say "I like - (whatever animal)" instead of "I like my - (whatever animal)". Just a disclaimer, I still have a lot to learn and so may been prone to mistakes.

Without further ado, the photos!

Northern Blue Tongue (Tiliqua scincoides intermedia) by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Northern Blue Tongue (Tiliqua scincoides intermedia) by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Stunning looking animals, really nice color

Thanks kankryb! Looks like their colours are beginning to fade now to give way to more speckling, but they still look amazing in my opinion.

Here's some very recent photos of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back