Albino Darwin - FIRST EVER SNAKE :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria abedinnezhad

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I'm finally getting my first snake and I have already pait deposite for a baby Albino Darwin which I will pick up in a few days (I just needed to prepare her enclosure etc. before bringing her home).

Any advise on how to make her feel comfy in her new space? Anything specific I need to put in her enclosure apart from a hide and a water bowl?

Also I was told I wouldn't need a thermostat for her and just the heat pad would be enough, but how would I know if the heat pad isn't overheating the enclosure? Should I get a thermostat anyway?

Any other tips you guys think might be useful for a beginner, please share!

Thank you :)

IMG_20190610_150314_Bokeh.jpg

Congrats!!!
Following with interest because you have asked a few questions i was about to ask but for a jungle.

This is the kind of setup you want for a baby darwin!

Always get a thermostat! Better safe than sorry!

It’s a 9L tub from reject shop - cost 12 for 8$ I have a special heat mat that has a temp controller inbuilt (like a wheel dial) and has its own temperature probe.

I also had a digital thermometer on the inside under paper at hot end aswell as a “temp gun”

18130088-B184-4-F2-B-98-D7-2935759-CDB2-B.jpg
It lasted her about 9 months (so she was just over 1 and a bit)before I was happy that she felt secure enough in a larger enclosure

Thanks guys!
Jiya arrived yesterday and seems pretty comfortable in her enclosure.
I ended up getting the same type of enclosure as the one she had been kept with the breeder since she was born so hopefully that helps her settle in quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back