Big red

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikilevings

Reaction score
Ive recently aquired a 12 year old 8ft centrilian carpet python named big red, along with 5 other pythons, i got a 4 bay tank with the purchase that the reptiles were housed in. The largest bay is big reds its 4ft by 2ft by 2ft. Looking at it the bay looks too small for her, i was wondering if anyone has any advice on weather or not i should get her a new enclosure. Pictures of your set ups for your larger reptiles would be welcomed [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4 x 2 x 2 is definitely big enough, but if you want to build something larger, go for it :)

Thanks guys, i just wanted to check, shes the first python ive had over 4ft. Apart from the mite issues she seems to be doing well and im midway through treating that

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just wondering if she has anything to climb on? For example I have a beam of wood going across the middle of my 4x2 enclosure and she likes to use it every now and then :)

Just food for thought, whilst it won’t increase the size, it’ll increase the the amount of space she has to manoeuvre. Instead of being on ground level 24-7 she will have a chance to feel elevated.

You can join two cages if you have surplus, either next to each other or above one another.If you put a door on the connection point you can go back to 2 seperate cages if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back