misaligned jaw ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettJ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Barry the olive python shed 1 week ago, and has since had this misaligned right bottom jaw. he has had a feed and yawned still not gone back into place. he occasionally runs this side along all of the branches, rocks and enclosure walls. he knows its out but doesn't seem too bothered by it.. should i be is the question?
Anyone seen similar issue ?
f1bc804fa9e0be8c763540177268d974.jpg
c0721da8315f82e1d70f9af3ac81a3ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Once in a blue moon I see this. Usually corrects itself with the next slough.

Once in a blue moon I see this. Usually corrects itself with the next slough.
thanks Sdaji, that exactly what i was looking for.. confirmation its all the norm.

thanks Sdaji, that exactly what i was looking for.. confirmation its all the norm.

Scared the heck out of me first time I saw it (with one of my first snakes after about a year of keeping). After thousands of snake years I've still only had it a fairly small number of times, but for me it has always been fine. Very very rarely it can get infected or lead to canker or something, but I really wouldn't be worried as long as it doesn't get worse and is better or at least improved after the next slough. Keep an eye on it but I wouldn't be worried.

thanks again. Of course as you suggest I will keep an eye on it. I'm confident it will be all gòod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back