Chondro Keepers! Show Us Your Greens!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I was surprised when two Chondros I bought on Christmas eve last year started changing colour at about six months of age, and now about 6 weeks later I'm delighted with how one of them is turning out! She's developing so much black for a Merauke x Aru! Maybe it's silly wishful thinking but I'm hoping the black stays. There were 32 in this clutch, being an evil powerfeeder the four I bought are by far the biggest and as far as we know none of the others have started the colour change. This girl did look a little different to me even as a fresh hatchling, which is why she was my #1 choice of the clutch - I actually managed to pick something well, it seems!

Please share pictures of your own Chondros, I'm sure everyone would love to see them; keepers, aspiring keepers, and passive admirers alike.

NN mite phase chondro.jpg

Here's a couple of mine
cbed70651f48321669d5f433d45253e4.jpg
afee87f02588167bbe85d1966b85cf09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have no chondros to show off but am def very interested to hear what your definition of power feeding for carpets n chondros Is if you don’t mind?

I have no chondros to show off but am def very interested to hear what your definition of power feeding for carpets n chondros Is if you don’t mind?

Pretty similar for both. As an example, I have four from this clutch, I bought them at about a month of age in late December, I was feeding them about 3 times per week until they were about 4-5 months old with occasional 2 week breaks. Often they'd be so full they couldn't perch properly at all, but amusingly they'd often still be luring for prey even when unable to perch! Haha, it was very funny! From there I slowed down a little, they're now about 8 months old and getting one adult mouse about every 5-7 days (the feed size and probably also the frequency would make most people angry, or at least most of the vocal ones online). They'd still eat more often but at this stage they'd be getting fat if I gave it to them. Feeding frequency for powerfeeding Carpets would be similar but they'd be significantly larger by now and getting larger feeds. By a year of age I'd have Carpets on small adult rats, larger than I'd be giving most full size Chondros. I actually haven't raised a Carpet for quite a few years now, but raised my share some time ago.

Most Chondro people would probably be furious at me for doing this, some, perhaps most would say it's not even possible and I'm lying and if you actually try this you'll get prolapses etc (all four that I'm raising from this clutch are absolutely thriving, no issues other than the odd dodgy slough which I've had no trouble removing for them). I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to do this, especially newer keepers without the ability to recognise when it's close to too much. If you don't know exactly what you're doing it's easy to go too far and cause various problems.

Pretty similar for both. As an example, I have four from this clutch, I bought them at about a month of age in late December, I was feeding them about 3 times per week until they were about 4-5 months old with occasional 2 week breaks. Often they'd be so full they couldn't perch properly at all, but amusingly they'd often still be luring for prey even when unable to perch! Haha, it was very funny! From there I slowed down a little, they're now about 8 months old and getting one adult mouse about every 5-7 days (the feed size and probably also the frequency would make most people angry, or at least most of the vocal ones online). They'd still eat more often but at this stage they'd be getting fat if I gave it to them. Feeding frequency for powerfeeding Carpets would be similar but they'd be significantly larger by now and getting larger feeds. By a year of age I'd have Carpets on small adult rats, larger than I'd be giving most full size Chondros. I actually haven't raised a Carpet for quite a few years now, but raised my share some time ago.

Most Chondro people would probably be furious at me for doing this, some, perhaps most would say it's not even possible and I'm lying and if you actually try this you'll get prolapses etc (all four that I'm raising from this clutch are absolutely thriving, no issues other than the odd dodgy slough which I've had no trouble removing for them). I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to do this, especially newer keepers without the ability to recognise when it's close to too much. If you don't know exactly what you're doing it's easy to go too far and cause various problems.

Thanks heaps for the detailed response mate much appreciated.
Thanks heaps for the detailed response mate much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back