Pinky pumps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil j

Reaction score
I understand with children’s some neonates won’t eat, are these used correctly the ducks nuts or rough as guts?

C62347B0-A3D7-4E94-BBD6-F31BEF6C95A4.jpeg

Hi Neil,

I don't know how you'd go with neonate Childrens but can tell you that I used one similar to the metal one that I was given back in the early 2000's when I was breeding Adders and having trouble getting some of the youngsters to eat. I had mixed results so gave up and haven't used it since. Ended up I had better success using mice tails.

George.

Thanks George,
I don’t see any people using or praising them. I was hoping it might be the ticket.,but tieing mouse pinks to weaner rat tails might be a skill I need to master. I just don’t like the idea of them eating cotton.
But mouse tails first up.
I’ll have live pinkies too if that sometimes works

I just assist/force feed if necessary. Each to their own, some people obviously like to use the pumps or they wouldn't exist. I see the sewing a pinky on to a tail trick is becoming popular lately. Not something I'd do, but again, each to their own. There's no problem with them eating cotton, but I'd rather not sew (anything to do with sewing/stitching just doesn't seem to be my thing). I suppose if you're better at sewing than assist/force feeding it's a reasonable option.

I only keep carpets now and they mostly eat fuzzies from their first feed but I have had success with difficult feeders and smaller species by thawing rats tails and pinkies together then feed the baby a tail immediately followed by the pinky placed in its mouth. Only downside is they become used to rat taste and it is hard to get them onto fuzzy mice so you always have to thaw their mice with rats.

That’s awesome mate I miss this strain I got sent up from Danny brown a long time ago.
My rack should get here early next week. I will be in touch and two trios or more freighted to Mackay Qld if that’s considered a major airport, I don’t know.

5F20D8B7-1A3D-4305-A65C-0C83A13F6562.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back