Eye issue on coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaela

Reaction score
I have a 8yr old coastal carpet and I have noticed that his eyes have turned scabby. Any idea what it could be?
d787f33748f5e5be5528686412b685a3.jpg
5c859dce79d98ee879a2b507d2ec5af4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When was his last shed? I have to soak most of my snakes in lukewarm water for about 30m during shed because of living in a super dry climate I live in. Keep an eye out for infection for sure. I hope he/she gets better.

His last shed was a month ago. Do you think I should give him a soak in the bathtub?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Honestly, I would consult a qualified veterinarian before hand. It looks to me like he had some patches of shed that wasn’t ready to come off and he tore his skin. It’s hard to tell from the pics but it definitely looks like tissue damage. If that’s all it is, then it should correct itself after a few good sheds.
[doublepost=1562893660,1562893532][/doublepost]What concerns me about a soak is the possibility of infection. Is the tissue below the skin exposed?

Do you have his last shed? it looks like there's still a retained eye cap from my view

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back