This is a very classic question about UVB.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajk321

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a humble redneck who raise Ramsayi and Melanocephalus in South Korea.

It is not the first time I raise snakes, so I heard snakes don't need UVB lights

because they eat their preys whole. What I was curious about is that recent studies and articles here

shows that they "DO" needs UVB lights because lack of UVB light can cause low bone density.

Well, as you know, here in South Kora, lack of information makes things difficult, so I ask for your opinions.

Thnak you for reading.

Virtually everyone other than a small number of confused newbies keeps their pythons without UV. Many people have happy healthy pythons around 20 years old which have never had any UV.

I kept and bred BHPs and womas for years without UV ,they spend most days hiding underground in the wild ,thrive in spartan conditions.

I've seen a few guides that say it's not necessary but that it "can" improve health to have a 5.0 UVB lamp.

Most owners I've seen on forums however seem to advise a short outing in the sun occasionally is more than sufficient and no UVB lighting is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back