Snake is acting weird pls help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Reptiles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I just got some food to feed my new snake who hasn't eaten in like 5 months and he didn't even take it, in bit sure the problem but I don't think it's hot enough the hot side only gets 21 on the floor and that's with a 100w ceramic.
He moved really strange kept going up and falling down and bombing into the Wall
[doublepost=1565327476,1565327239][/doublepost]

I cant watch the video at work mate. I will have a look when i get home.
How long has he been in the enclousure?

I cant watch the video at work mate. I will have a look when i get home.
How long has he been in the enclousure?
About 2 1/2 days you might find some more Info in my Other threads. Thanks

That’s not anything close to what a snake normally does when moved to a new enclosure (usually some sniffing around, falling back on it self a couple times) but that’s completely looping with no sense of balance/direction
Was anything sprayed?

That’s not anything close to what a snake normally does when moved to a new enclosure (usually some sniffing around, falling back on it self a couple times) but that’s completely looping with no sense of balance/direction
Was anything sprayed?

A week before I wiped it down with some apple cider viniger
There's a few stones we didn't wash, but but nothing unnatural like chemicals
Could it be the turf it's from bunnyins

Ibd it fatal right, now would I go about checking this. I would have to have him out down wouldn't i
Ibd it fatal right, now would I go about checking this. I would have to have him out down wouldn't i
IBD is almost always fatal. It screws with their fighting reflex and it would probably be a good idea. It might not be as I haven’t been doing snakes for like 20 years but that’s all I can think of

IBD is almost always fatal. It screws with their fighting reflex and it would probably be a good idea. It might not be as I haven’t been doing snakes for like 20 years but that’s all I can think of

Thanks for the input really appreciate it I hope it’s not but at this point it seems likely, he wasn't looked after well at his last home, was hoping I could save him, he did take his rat even though he wasn't feed for months on end

Could this be Jag neuro that i have read about? Moving the can trigger the stess and neuro gets worse. Ive see snakes with it on you tube with grade 6 neuro flip like that.

Could this be Jag neuro that i have read about? Moving the can trigger the stess and neuro gets worse. Ive see snakes with it on you tube with grade 6 neuro flip like that.
yeah when we started to thaw the rat he started to move like hat before he sat still,

Snake looks mega stressed. Tough love perhaps

Seen this before and it doesnt end well mate. Dont mean to be negative but imo unless its a jag that corkscrewing motion is the beginning of the end unfortunately i would be goin straight to the vet
[doublepost=1565389320,1565389197][/doublepost]No healthy snake moves like that !
[doublepost=1565389495][/doublepost]If i were you i would not be touching or sharing anything with any other pythons you may have until you have been to the vet

Seen this before and it doesnt end well mate. Dont mean to be negative but imo unless its a jag that corkscrewing motion is the beginning of the end unfortunately i would be goin straight to the vet
[doublepost=1565389320,1565389197][/doublepost]No healthy snake moves like that !
[doublepost=1565389495][/doublepost]If i were you i would not be touching or sharing anything with any other pythons you may have until you have been to the vet
Oh, well that ****. Thanks for help anyway
[doublepost=1565390056][/doublepost]Henry isn't jag I think, is it some disease nor disorder
[doublepost=1565390098][/doublepost]Any good as reptile vets close to Adelaide it should any vet do

Yeah its hard to say whether or not its ibd but it can just pop up after having it for years but one things for sure IMO that movement starts like that and gets worse and worse . I watched a diamond python get to the point of tying itself in knots was horrible to watch needless to say i swiftly put it out of its misery (after speaking with another breeder and herp vet )
[doublepost=1565390358,1565390302][/doublepost]Any vet should put it down for you
[doublepost=1565390857][/doublepost]If you have any other pythons i would be seriously cleaning and disinfecting anything it has come in contact with

No this was my first snake ever we rescued it
[doublepost=1565393310,1565392887][/doublepost]
Yeah its hard to say whether or not its ibd but it can just pop up after having it for years but one things for sure IMO that movement starts like that and gets worse and worse . I watched a diamond python get to the point of tying itself in knots was horrible to watch needless to say i swiftly put it out of its misery (after speaking with another breeder and herp vet )
[doublepost=1565390358,1565390302][/doublepost]Any vet should put it down for you
[doublepost=1565390857][/doublepost]If you have any other pythons i would be seriously cleaning and disinfecting anything it has come in contact with

Should I give him a couple more days to Settle in? And let warm up
He didn't even care for the rat but went crazy when smelt and and u took the video

I dont think settling in and getting warm is gonna help him now mate . Completely normal thats he isnt interested in feeding its winter . Dont think this will just go away pretty sure it will just get worse and worse .
[doublepost=1565395841,1565395720][/doublepost]Take him to a reptile vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back