Shed question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekw

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is it normal for a snake in shed to not go into its hide? Normally my little guy is always in his hide cave but after cleaning his enclosure a few days ago and noticing he was in shed he keeps hanging out on top of the cave.
Thinking perhaps i didn't get something exactly right as it was beforehand ive wound the temp down to 28deg instead of 30deg. Still he hangs out on the warm side and not in his cave day and night.

its normal, nothing to worry about, i wouldnt drop temps though

not sure if jungles are the same, but for young coastal and darwin and bredli, i keep their temps at 32c 24/7 untill a year old, then ill introduce night time drops

Ok thanks mate. Haven't had him long enough not to worry about what he is doing. Its his first shed with me so im just unsure.
[doublepost=1567210130,1566905773][/doublepost]He still wont go into his hide at all. Eyes are no longer cloudy so i would expect him to shed very soon.
Our other snake shed early Friday morning so hopefully this little guy does over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back