Ackie growth rate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukecee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just after somebody's opinion or input, does anybody know the approximate growth rate of ackies as I can't really find a guide to go off. Reason being that my ackie which is around 8 months old is now approx 25cm and not very big at all when it comes to weight , only reason I ask is because other people post photos of their ackies around the same age as mine which are double and sometimes triple his size it seems ,
Cheers

Screenshot_20190827-221806_Gallery.jpg

It varies depending on how hot you keep them, how much you feed, and the individual lizard. Under ideal conditions you can have them close to full size at this age, and you can certainly have them already producing eggs at this age. Alternatively you can grow them up more slowly and it can take a couple of years. Yours is certainly at the slow end of the spectrum. I'm not sure about anything other than the age and size so I can't comment on what's going on in your case.

Ok thanks, I only got him a couple weeks ago so I can't comment on his prior conditions but i guess just keep him nice and hot and pump him with food for now and see how we go, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back