Breeding season is here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen the sort mating that I have in the past breeding carpets. Got up a at 5am to check em. No locks. Might be finished. Find out next month.

There is barely enough room for the female in the hide, now the male wants in on that aswell

Resized_IMG_20190824_072725_338.jpeg
[doublepost=1566596538,1566596400][/doublepost]Found this girl this morning !! Earlier than i expected . Het marble had 2 marbleds with her so should get some nice hatchies
[doublepost=1566596700][/doublepost]Just candled those 2 eggs she pushed aside . Dont look the best but is definetely veins so will pop in incubator and leave mum to do the rest
[doublepost=1566704323][/doublepost]Another marble girl this morningIMG_20190825_105807_454.jpg

@Neil j
If they do end up being late breeders mid-late September, would it be fine leaving them in over the next months together? Or is it beneficial to seperate and reintroduce, had them together for a week now and no lock ups

Wasn’t sure if something might go wrong if I left them together for a extended period ( last post I was only planning to leave them together for a week or 2, but now it would be over a month if I leave them till end of September

Are you sure there a pair? Did you get sperm plugs last time male shed? Introducing them will give you more chance of seeing of a lock 4 days out - 1 week in. Although I can never wait that long I’ve always left them together or rotate to another female. Other thing you could try is putting a shed skin from another male. But they are spring breeders so they should breed next month if left together too. Not much can go wrong.
[doublepost=1566779551,1566779161][/doublepost]Blind leading blind though
I’ve had my carpet together since early winter. I don’t see much mating all that time but they have all had locks. I think they are down to business now.
[doublepost=1566780642][/doublepost]One lock found today, really hoping these striped jungles are het axanthic.

547BAAEB-3320-47FD-9ED0-7F29FC3181C0.jpeg

Are you sure there a pair? Did you get sperm plugs last time male shed? Introducing them will give you more chance of seeing of a lock 4 days out - 1 week in. Although I can never wait that long I’ve always left them together or rotate to another female. Other thing you could try is putting a shed skin from another male. But they are spring breeders so they should breed next month if left together too. Not much can go wrong.
[doublepost=1566779551,1566779161][/doublepost]Blind leading blind though
I’ve had my carpet together since early winter. I don’t see much mating all that time but they have all had locks. I think they are down to business now.
[doublepost=1566780642][/doublepost]One lock found today, really hoping these striped jungles are het axanthic.

View attachment 327594
Sold as a pair from a reputable breeder in Sydney, that’s all I can say really, I did notice on males last shed, the Spurs were quite large, could have been sperm plugs but didn’t think about that before chucking the shed

I’m in north QLD just above Mackay. My only instructions from the seller when I bought my pair hypo bredli was to leave them together till December. That was my first year breeding. I did roughies to.
I think you’ll be fine mate.

That's what you told me to do with Rosetta and it worked. she went a month or two after the others. Thanks Neil
[doublepost=1566787682,1566787155][/doublepost]Also, Yesterday I had these two (BumbleBee and Suzuka) locked up for quite a while.
BumbleBee - Suzuka.jpg
BumbleBee - Suzuka 2.jpg

I’m in north QLD just above Mackay. My only instructions from the seller when I bought my pair hypo bredli was to leave them together till December. That was my first year breeding. I did roughies to.
I think you’ll be fine mate.
Awesome, guess I’ll lleave them together and maybe use an old snake shed from my coastal male(?)

What about feeding? I was told not to feed them untill after they successfully lockup

And alsooooo lots of questions I’m sorry, I need to move the female to another enclosure (swap her with the coastal currently living in it) without a beam in middle of enclosure , so I can fit my nest box (styrofoam box with sphagnum moss) in, should I move her and male bredli to new enclosure now or after they lock up? Maybe this would stimulate the male v male, when bredli gets the scent of coastal?

Obviously I would clean it out properly before switching them around to prevent anything possibly transmitting a disease

Or just skip the nest box completely, I’ve been told 8/10 times nest boxes never get used by the females

Most of this is entirely up to you, I would be providing a good day time temp, that is all.

Update on the sunglow boy i was putting over the albino girl. Turns out she's not a girl, either that or she likes it rough.
[doublepost=1566855069,1566788517][/doublepost]great way to start the day...
sunglow - het ax.jpg
bumbleBee - Suzuka 3.jpg
[doublepost=1566862013][/doublepost]third lock up for the day!
coastals.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back