hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Borg

Reaction score
good afternoon all can i get some advice regarding my snakes. i have 3 hatchlings 2x coastal pythons male and female and also a diamond python all are about 10 months old can i house the 3 of them together for about the next 12 months

Last edited by a moderator:
OK thank you, i have them house separately and have done so from the time i got but was wondering if i could
regards Tony

I mean.. you *could* if you’re willing to wake up to only 2 snakes one day and then 1 snake another

Cohabitation, the biggest debate in herp history. When I started I built a big cage and had an Atherton striped jungle and a coastal. They were basically a pain in the butt to feed. I keep every solitary these days

For a while I kept several adult diamonds in a big (8m x 2.4m x 2.7m) aviary previously used for large parrots. Diamonds are as placid as you get and the males don't combat but I still had to feed them individually in bins then wash them before returning.

When I was first keeping snakes I kept some together, I never had any deaths but feeding was a hassle, I'd usually have to feed them both at the same time and supervise to make sure nothing went wrong, and if one snake finished first and was looking for more I'd quickly have to feed it again so the other could finish, etc etc. Unless it was for a display cage(I may keep a group of Chondros in a large vivarium with live plants etc) or something unusual I wouldn't bother doing it again with pythons or most other species. Not so much for the risk of one eating another, just to save myself the hassle.

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME OUT SO A BIG THANK YOU
TONY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back