When you first started - what *weren't* you anticipating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Adam-

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here - and this is my first post. For decades I have wanted to own a python and I'm getting very close to convincing the family that it would be a great idea. :)

I'm also the person who likes to be fully prepared before I dive in, instead of learning along the way. I take the idea of caring for a python extremely seriously and want to make sure that I am equipped, and fully prepared before taking on the responsibility. As such I'll probably be spamming the forum with a whole lot of weird questions (after doing a search of course to make sure that it hasn't been answered before).

But to start with - my first question is this:

When you got your first python (if you can remember back that far ;) ) - was there anything that surprised you, anything you weren't prepared for, or better still - anything that you weren't expecting but was a welcomed surprise?

Just interested in hearing other people's journeys about when they first started.

Cheers

-Adam-

How much the cost of feeders can vary from one source to another. Definitely make sure you can source a good rodent breeder that charges fairly - Some of the pet shop prices can get steep (especially if going onto rats and larger).

I have to agree with Blighty, the cost of food was definitely a surprise (I knew it wasn't cheap but still)
I was lucky to have been blessed with a very chill little baby stimmie, who is still very chill.
I wasn't anticipating the negative reaction from some of my family members and even some friends but who cares. I also didn't expect how protective I would become over my snake. He and I have grown a sort of bond I guess (which was surprising).

Hi Adam, welcome. One thing I didn't know was just how many different genetics we have in Australia. I didn't even know we could get albino darwins. There's a lot to chose from so if you just plan on just getting one (good luck with that) choose something that really catches your eye.

Was not anticipating that we would be aloud to have all the smuggled goods. jags, granite, zebs.
Also thought the hobby was bigger in Australia then it was overseas.
Heaps of stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back