Sterilize / Second hand Cages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Adam-

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a second hand cage at this stage and was wondering if there's anything in particular I should be doing to ensure that it's sterilized properly. (Just incase the previous occupant had disease, etc).

I don't know the history of this cage so just want to make sure that I prep it properly before introducing anything to it.

In this case, it is a wood cage with sliding front glass. Comes with lamps, climbing branches, water bowl, hides, etc.

Thanks

-Adam-

I stand behind f10 being a very good disinfectant and will kill any nasties + it’s relatively safe for animals

Others have their own home made recipes

Thanks @Bl69aze - is that stuff the same as herpacare?

Is it just a matter of spraying liberally and allowing to dry / evaporate - or do I need to rinse afterwards? Instructions appear to say rinse if required. When would it be required, and do I just rinse with water?

Last edited:
Thanks @Bl69aze - is that stuff the same as herpacare?

Is it just a matter of spraying liberally and allowing to dry / evaporate - or do I need to rinse afterwards? Instructions appear to say rinse if required. When would it be required, and do I just rinse with water?
If u use a very weak ratio like 1ml:1L it will just work as a spray if u let it sit and then wipe after 30seconda

Oh - OK - so that F10 is the concentrated stuff, and the Herpacare is the diluted stuff.

So what I need to do is buy F10 - then water it down (1:1000?) and then spray it on, and wipe it off. Wow - 1:1000 ratio - a single bottle will outlast me!

Oh - OK - so that F10 is the concentrated stuff, and the Herpacare is the diluted stuff.

So what I need to do is buy F10 - then water it down (1:1000?) and then spray it on, and wipe it off. Wow - 1:1000 ratio - a single bottle will outlast me!
Yup it has different ratios for different stuff , like biosecurity stuff, vet clinic stuff, home stuff etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back