How long can you keep juvenile blue tongues together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sex God

Reaction score
I've read that blotched blue tongues have the most personality out of the lot and are generally very friendly. I have several baby blotched in an indoors enclosure. They all seem to get along and sleep piled up on each other. Is it likely they would fight when they reach breeding age? I am looking to put them in a large outdoor pit when they mature but wondering how much longer can I keep them indoors.

I think you are very likely to start having problems as the males get older , perhaps before their 1st birthday as they start fighting for dominance and mating rights.

Not sure about how a group of female blotchies will get along.

I guess if the enclosure if large enough with multiple hides and basking spots and watering and feeding stations and no one can cornered in a hide by a dominant male ( or female ) you might be OK.

My first Pink Tongue Skink has missing toes from being housed with siblings up to a year old. And she has the worst attitude I've ever experienced in skinks...

I guess at the first signs of quarreling, you should separate them.

Looks like I will need to put them in the large outdoors pit this Summer. I might try to sell/trade off any excess males and keep 1 male with multiple females, once I am able to sex them.

Hi there.
My baby at 4 months was attacked during feeding. It was so severe he lost 95% of his tail AND his hemipeen. This was by another clutch mate, not a strange reptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back