Rocks and driftwood cleaning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennyhawk24

Reaction score
hi everyone, was wondering how to clean rocks and driftwood. I see them sold in the pet store but feel like they’d still need to be cleaned thoroughly before being put in blue tongue enclosure.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

I would give it a scrub with some warm soapy water, rinse then spray with f10 and leave to dry. If you don’t have f10 you could give it a soak in a bleach solution

Yep, you have a few options. I used to soak for a day or two and then optionally chuck in the oven at about 110*C for 30 - 60 minutes or so.

If you had other concerns about creepy crawlies then I guess you could just chuck it in a garbage bag (if it fits), tie it up and leave in the sun for the day. That'll roast anything too, especially in summer.

These days though, if it looks good I tend to just chuck it in. I only really exercise heavy caution with the wood if it has come from swampland or areas with termites (not that I would be unlucky enough to bring a queen home, but still).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back