First Visitor for the season

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine never stopped coming even in mid winter but they were residents in my various roof spaces and remained active through winter.
I have been relocating most to a nature reserve nearby but it was recently badly burned by an out of control hazard reduction and I wonder how many survived.

Mine never stopped coming even in mid winter but they were residents in my various roof spaces and remained active through winter.
I have been relocating most to a nature reserve nearby but it was recently badly burned by an out of control hazard reduction and I wonder how many survived.

Yes it doesn't surprise me...hahaha. They're pretty active around town here during winter I get calls from people (especially those new to town) who find them (and others like Blacks & Tree Snakes) basking on warm days during winter. Shame about the bush fires. I was up there on the Gold Coast with my young bloke talking to the CEO about him moving up to play Rugby League with Tweed Head Seagulls next year when it was happening. We had a bad one out the back of Dorrigo that's burnt around 100,000 hectares and still going and I wonder about the impact it will have on the wildlife in the area. Like all the others that visit, this guy will just go back into the scrub at the back of our place.

We've got much the same species of snakes here as you do up where you live. I've spent many a day "collecting" in your area. Was actually with Steve Wilson when he caught his first Carpet at Springbrook back in the early 70's. It was on the road heading back down from the National Park...it was a pretty big one and there's funny story to go with it too.

All the best.

You’ll probably still have hundreds turn turn up at your place this summer lol. Horrible to hear about the bushfires there atm tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back