Woma python hatchling enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biasi

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking at buying a hatchling woma python and am looking at enclosures. I have an old 45x45x45 exo terra I am looking to repurpose. Do you think this is big enough to house a hatchling woma for at least a year. If so does anyone know any good woma breeders in Sydney

I would say that would be fine, although it might feel a bit insecure with all the exposed glass

No it won’t be big enough. They grow very quickly. My daughters woma is 10 months old, just over a metre long and very active and inquisitive. We are about to move her from a 2ft (60cm) enclosure into a 4ft (1.2m) enclosure. We had her in a 45 cm tub when we got her at 5 months old and she was too big for it within a month or two.
She gets fed once a week and also gets to go outside on sunny days (she likes to poop outside lol)
I’d recommend getting a 4ft enclosure, and putting your hatchie in a tub to start with then straight into the 4 ft.

Okay thanks, I only have a children’s python as of now and have only done light research on womas. Thanks for the info

I'm not experienced, but what Melmy said - about them growing fast is something I've heard quite a bit regarding the Woma's, and to be prepared in advance.

I still think it would be fine. And I have a 2 year old Woma that I've raised from a hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back