When your Jack Russell Terriers save your life!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaviemys purvisi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just got home from work a few minutes ago and the first thing I do is go outside and greet the dogs so they can tell me all about their day... Well I'd slid the large glass door open and opened the security door and stepped out onto the patio barefoot straight onto a brown snake, probably a bit over 1m in length and Alaska my 8 year old Jack Russell flew into action and grabbed it and started rag-dolling it. I'm pretty dazed at the moment as to how close that came to me getting bitten. I've no idea if my 2 Jacks were bitten at all in the heat of the moment, I don't believe they were but we're off to the vet now for some blood clotting tests just to be sure.

20191009_152842.jpg 20191009_153035.jpg 20191009_153014.jpg
[doublepost=1570607326,1570601576][/doublepost]Just got back from the vet, Alaska had his neck shaved and blood taken from his jugular to test for clotting. Tested negative for snake venom. Happy days! Too fast, too good! I'll sleep soundly tonight!
20191009_174315.jpg

Just got home from work a few minutes ago and the first thing I do is go outside and greet the dogs so they can tell me all about their day... Well I'd slid the large glass door open and opened the security door and stepped out onto the patio barefoot straight onto a brown snake, probably a bit over 1m in length and Alaska my 8 year old Jack Russell flew into action and grabbed it and started rag-dolling it. I'm pretty dazed at the moment as to how close that came to me getting bitten. I've no idea if my 2 Jacks were bitten at all in the heat of the moment, I don't believe they were but we're off to the vet now for some blood clotting tests just to be sure.

View attachment 327816 View attachment 327817 View attachment 327818
[doublepost=1570607326,1570601576][/doublepost]Just got back from the vet, Alaska had his neck shaved and blood taken from his jugular to test for clotting. Tested negative for snake venom. Happy days! Too fast, too good! I'll sleep soundly tonight!
View attachment 327819
Extremely lucky for both you & the pooch. I have two JR's myself, great little dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back