Monster boa on the loose

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richyboa72

Reaction score
So you guys have an escaped boa on the loose in Sydney, looks like the skin has been placed there as there's no way the snake would be able to slot it in there while shedding, hopefully it won't be killed
It says on the news about what a killer it is, lol. there's far more dangerous snakes in Australia than a boa to be worried about
I reckon the snakes less than 7ft with how much the skin stretched when it's shedding

I didn't think they was even allowed in the country except for zoo's, so someone gonna get a whopping
https://www.foxnews.com/world/boa-constrictor-australia-on-the-loose-skin-shed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there’s only one legal boa (an albino in fact)in Australia private collection that was declared during an amnesty many years ago

Not sure where it’s ended up to now as owner had it passed on

Last edited:
Pretty sure there’s only one legal boa (an albino in fact)in Australia that was declared during an amnesty many years ago

Not sure where it’s ended up to now as owner had it passed on
The story has been all over my news app this week, the skin looks too placed,
The news reader telling everyone to keep there kids and animals in, really made me smile, your scrubs and olives are huge compared to this boa, not even mentioned the amount of venomous snakes you have, scaremongering isn't good at all

The story has been all over everything... everywhere. I actually first saw it here on APS (in another thread) and immediately it was obvious from the picture that a human had put it there. Like you say, it's impossible for a snake to position a slough like that.

The skin most likely came from a snake which is still happily living in the box the owner took the skin out of. The odds of them being caught are very low. No doubt the scallywag who did this is thrilled with the international attention their stunt brought up.

The story has been all over everything... everywhere. I actually first saw it here on APS (in another thread) and immediately it was obvious from the picture that a human had put it there. Like you say, it's impossible for a snake to position a slough like that.

The skin most likely came from a snake which is still happily living in the box the owner took the skin out of. The odds of them being caught are very low. No doubt the scallywag who did this is thrilled with the international attention their stunt brought up.
It's crazy the scaremongering tho
It's definitely a boas skin , you can tell by the saddle markings in the skin, it's very similar to my Guyana boas skin so I'm sure it's a true red tails or bcc(bc now)

It's crazy the scaremongering tho
It's definitely a boas skin , you can tell by the saddle markings in the skin, it's very similar to my Guyana boas skin so I'm sure it's a true red tails or bcc(bc now)

Yeah, of course it's silly. And yeah, the pattern is very obvious. The tail was the thing which first stood out to me, those big, bold tail markings are unmistakable. It is true that a large boa could eat a cat, small dog or even potentially kill a small child, but they probably pose less danger than the local Carpet Pythons anyway. Naturally, the media isn't interested in spreading accurate information. There is no integrity in journalism.

How do you know when the media is misreporting or exaggerating a story....

... when the reporter opens their mouth.

Sorry for being so cynical , but from what I've witnessed news is no longer about informing the public. It's about ratings, entertainment, manipulating the public's perception and unfortunately in some cases straight out propaganda and they don't care what people or industries they hurt in the process. I saw just yesterday that the USA ABC was caught out completely fabricating a story about a village getting bombarded in the middle east where the video was really footage of a Kentucky firing range.

I had to go and grab some old newspaper from someone else for my Viv because we haven't purchased newspapers in years. As my grandfather used to say - there's only 2 things you can trust that's on a newspaper. The price, and the date. :D

ARP, if it's the same snake I'm thinking of.
It’s interesting we have been told that yet I’ve talked to a couple friends who work there/ worked there at time about it and they think I’m crazy and haven’t seen it, but yea it’ll be the same snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back