Various items from bunnings. SAFE ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronLovesPythons

Reaction score
Wanted to know if anyone knew if these were reptile safe products mainly for pythons

Moss for humid hides

And perlite or vermiculite for incubating eggs
41c97594ee299aff48e935e1456eb6bd.jpg
8fab0656699b34d88cb3a4b7519c8b06.jpg
d78982f8a98bd4f6dbcd9a85d74b2a29.jpg
c0c9dcfb7e8d28f037aada0493a99d9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mate be very careful with "humid hides"

Sounds like a recipe for scale rot to me

What are you using them for?
Just for the shed cycle as one of my pythons had a very rough shed with retained scales
Not inteding to keep it in the enclosure permanantly only during the shed cycle.

Someone else here recently put me onto these available at bunnings:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/brunnings-9l-coir-power-coir-peat-brick_p3023170

I was advised to be careful in regards to which to choose as some have slow releasing fertiliser, but this one apparently doesn't.

Bunnings didn't have it in stock and weren't planning on stocking it. I asked them to get it in as a 'special order'. Didn't cost me any extra - just had to wait a couple of days for it to come in - and now they stock it. I must have started something. LOL

From what I can gather, there's an American reptile brand that sells bedding which is basically the same thing.

I'm only relaying what was passed onto me a couple of months ago on this forum - I'm no expert myself. What I did find though is that these bricks go a long way and don't need much water at all! (Still drying out my first mistake of adding too much water LOL).

I was advised to be careful in regards to which to choose as some have slow releasing fertiliser, but this one apparently doesn't.

Bunnings didn't have it in stock and weren't planning on stocking it. I asked them to get it in as a 'special order'. Didn't cost me any extra - just had to wait a couple of days for it to come in - and now they stock it. I must have started something. LOL

From what I can gather, there's an American reptile brand that sells bedding which is basically the same thing.

I'm only relaying what was passed onto me a couple of months ago on this forum - I'm no expert myself. What I did find though is that these bricks go a long way and don't need much water at all! (Still drying out my first mistake of adding too much water LOL).
Thanks mate

I have used the sphagnum moss in a humid hide for both stimmies and spotteds without any issues and they definitely take advantage of it. I only ever make it available to them during a shed cycle though, not 24/7. I use that exact vermiculite as a bedding for my turtle eggs in my incubator. Works great.

I did use that for a while. I like another brunnings one tho called 'coir mulch' but bunning stoped stocking it and wont order me any. Luckily a friend of mine is going to get me some of the same stuff as kritters crumble just a discounted price. Insted of $20 for 20ltrs more lile $20 for 60ltrs. A bunch of my reptile feiends want some too so im lashing out and buying a pallet so i can pass the saving on to everyone else. Sharing the love

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

I did use that for a while. I like another brunnings one tho called 'coir mulch' but bunning stoped stocking it and wont order me any. Luckily a friend of mine is going to get me some of the same stuff as kritters crumble just a discounted price. Insted of $20 for 20ltrs more lile $20 for 60ltrs. A bunch of my reptile feiends want some too so im lashing out and buying a pallet so i can pass the saving on to everyone else. Sharing the love

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Sounds great where are you located any chance i can jump in on that

Sounds great where are you located any chance i can jump in on that

If you want to, They are compressed bricks and Ill be getting around 200-300 bricks. Im in Bayswater Perth WA, Or my down south friends come to my factory in Welshpool.

Question. What is the same as the critter crumble fine grade ??
A coir peat type or pine bark ? I getting bts. Tia

Question. What is the same as the critter crumble fine grade ??
A coir peat type or pine bark ? I getting bts. Tia
Yes same as fine grade, I got is cheep from a friend at the council yards as a tax write off for them. coir is coconut chips. Not pine tho stay away from pine with reptiles its no good.
Sorry for the late reply iv been down and out with some health issues so not online much.

Latest posts

Back